As the lead UN agency for ICT issues, ITU has exceptional reach both across the industry and across the globe.
ITU Digital World 2020 event overview
- Organized by ITU, the UN’s lead agency for information and telecommunications technologies (ICTs), ITU Digital World is a global tech platform for governments, corporates and SMEs working to accelerate ICT innovation for social and economic development. It aims to make ideas go further, faster to make the world better, sooner.
- ITU Digital World 2020 is hosted by the government of Viet Nam, and takes place from 6 – 9 September in Ha Noi, Viet Nam, a regional commercial and technological hub.
- Focusing on the power of technology to change lives, the event brings together a together a unique audience of public and private sectors from emerging and developed markets including heads of state and government, ministers, regulators, industry CEOs and experts, investors, SME representatives, heads of UN and other international organizations, digital thinkers, media, academia and consultants.
- ITU Digital World 2020 features an exhibition of digital solutions, a forum for sharing knowledge, an Awards progamme recognizing innovative ICT initiatives with social impact, and a networking hub for organizations, countries and individuals.
- The exhibition enables member states, ITU sector members, and other industry players to bring industry stands, thematic pavilions, national pavilions and SMEs to the event to showcase innovative services, applications and solutions, as well as investment and partnership opportunities from around the world.
- The world-class Forum Summit and Forum programme offer debates at the highest level on the central issues affecting the ICT industry today, exploring in-depth developments in technology, policy and regulatory issues, strategy and business models in the digital economy. Topics include 5G, IoT, new regulatory approaches, AI, digital ecosystems, satellite connectivity, spectrum allocation, smart cities, innovative business models, digital literacy and universal connectivity.
- The high-profile ITU Digital World Awards recognize innovative ICT-based solutions with social impact, providing international visibility, the opportunity to develop business on a global scale, partnership and networking opportunities to the best exhibiting SMEs and corporate initiatives working for social good.
- Structured networking events, spaces and social occasions connect the private sector and government, individuals and ideas like no other tech event. Opportunities include the Opening Ceremony, LeaderSpace, Business Matchmaking Service, networking breaks, lunches and dinners, and the popular Event App.
ITU Digital World Awards
Press releases & communiqués
ITU Telecom World 2019 raises curtain on 4 days of debate, tech exhibition and networkingRead more
ITU Telecom World 2019 highlights tech innovations improving livesRead more
ITU Telecom World 2019 Opening Press ConferenceRead more
ITU Telecom World 2019 to explore “Innovating together: connectivity that matters”Read more
ITU Telecom World 2019 heads to Budapest, HungaryRead more
Tech innovations for social impact awarded at ITU Telecom World 2018Read more
ITU Telecom World 2018 shines spotlight on innovation for smarter digital developmentRead more
Smart digital development headlines at Opening of ITU Telecom World 2018 in DurbanRead more